Forum

Home / Forum

We have updated our privacy policy. View it at https://wolvhaven.net/terms-privacy/#privacy

Gardellia Hockey League  

RSS

Ziggy85
(@ziggy85)
Eminent Member
03/11/2017 5:10 am  

I wasn't sure whether to put this under Market as it's technically a business but I decided "General Discussion" would do just fine. Anyways, hello! My name is Ziggy85 and I do not have much of a presence on the forums but that is subject to change. I am happy to announce the inaugural season of the GHL or "Gardellia Hockey League". I plan to make a wiki page for it in the future but this right now is the informal version of said future wiki page. What is it? It's basically an Ice Hockey league in the Gardellia world consisting of eight teams. 

Cacklesburg Eggs

Castelnau Conquest

Dalesburg Flight

Hineno Railtards

Ipswich Bushies

Kralyn Hurricanes

Nelsonburg Ice Eagles

Palm Ridge Suns

Once everyone's stadiums are complete we will begin play. The season will be played weekly with games occurring (hopefully) on Saturdays. And for the love of qix PLEASE COME TO THE GAMES! Even if you're not into hockey or sports in general the game is very high paced and fun to watch and even more fun the play. There will be 14 games this season with each team playing every other team twice.

Win = Two points

Loss = Zero points

Overtime Loss = One point

After the season the four teams with the best record will go on to the playoffs which will work as a bracket style best-out-of-three elimination.

If you want to join the league you will be denied and you will have to wait for about a year. However, if you have a stadium in your town we will be more than happy to have playoff games hosted in it.

See you soon hockey fans!

No one is perfect because of other people's standards.

ReplyQuote
Kaden303
(@kaden303)
Trusted Member
03/11/2017 7:56 pm  

Wow! I can't wait for games to happen, I was thinking that perhaps we could do an outdoor game once in the regular season (game held at Mechanicsburg football stadium)

Ziggy85 liked
ReplyQuote
Ziggy85
(@ziggy85)
Eminent Member
03/11/2017 8:13 pm  

Maybe if qix lets us lol

ReplyQuote
Davey925
(@davey925)
Trusted Member
07/11/2017 5:07 am  

You should make it mandatory to have a “Stadium Express Train” that goes from their  mainline station to the stadium stopping at major Metro transfer points. One ten car train will depart the mainline twenty minutes before the game, and a return train ten minutes after the event. The train would be a good place to hold a chat pep rally and fireworks on the train. 

ReplyQuote
Davey925
(@davey925)
Trusted Member
07/11/2017 5:11 am  

The train will make it quicker and easier to go to the stadium. Here’s an example timetable UTC Time

Suns VS Eggs 2/15/18 Eggs Home Team

Train From Mainline: 1:10pm

Game Starts: 1:30pm

Game Ends: 2:30pm

Train Departs Stadium: 2:40pm

ReplyQuote
sambrose
(@sambrose)
10/11/2017 6:00 pm  
Posted by: Davey925

The train will make it quicker and easier to go to the stadium. Here’s an example timetable UTC Time

Suns VS Eggs 2/15/18 Eggs Home Team

Train From Mainline: 1:10pm

Game Starts: 1:30pm

Game Ends: 2:30pm

Train Departs Stadium: 2:40pm

Just so you know it is a requirement to come to the match via public transport. So there is no need for an extra line/service. 

Ziggy85 liked
ReplyQuote
Ziggy85
(@ziggy85)
Eminent Member
10/11/2017 11:55 pm  

Davey I really hope you're joking. First of all, I can't "force" anyone to make trains in their town. It is up to them how they make their stadiums accessible. Secondly, some stadiums like the Castelnau Arena (Conquest), Transhaven Centre (Flight), and Mark Air Centre (Suns) are already connected to a mainline station via public transport. 

Now you may say "Trams/LRTs aren't big enough for sports crowds" but take a look at Minneapolis. Minneapolis has three major sports teams (no I'm not counting the Wild since they play in St. Paul) and Minneapolis only has LRTs. 

If someone actually decides to make a "stadium express" that's fine by me, but just know trains aren't always the way forward.

ReplyQuote
sambrose
(@sambrose)

Kaden303 and Ziggy85 liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register