Forum

Home / Forum

We have updated our privacy policy. View it at https://wolvhaven.net/terms-privacy/#privacy

Wolvhaven Metro Discussion  

Page 3 / 7 Prev Next
  RSS

SilverWolv
(@silverwolv)
Estimable Member Admin
04/12/2016 4:02 am  

Proposed service changes: (or rather, service cuts)

The following stations will most likely be closed:

• Metro Line 1
    1. Financial Centre
    2. Republic Station (new republic station to be built further north inbetween current republic & disused nation station)
    3. Palais De Royal (Replaced by future Stalingrad South station)
  • Metro Line 2
    1. Stalingrad
    2. Soho
    3. University*
  • Metro Line 6/8
    1. Chinatown
    2. Rochester

Line 6/8 Local services will most likely be scrapped as well - All existing stations in mechnicsburg to remain operational

One branch of M3 will also most likely be scrapped.

Benefits of keeping Esplanade branch:
Connection to line 2 - another automated line
Benefits of keeping Marine View branch:
Serve the bulk of public housing buildings

*Feasibility of closing University station being studied - if closed, underpass from Dakota station to be built.

ReplyQuote
mopsistudios
(@mopsistudios)
Eminent Member
04/12/2016 5:43 am  

Will BERTransit be involved in this service cut?

ReplyQuote
SilverWolv
(@silverwolv)
Estimable Member Admin
04/12/2016 7:54 am  

Until there is a merger between both agencies BERT will not be affected.

ReplyQuote
mopsistudios
(@mopsistudios)
Eminent Member
04/12/2016 8:03 am  

When will [S] reopen for public usage? Has it been fixed after the power fault in early October?

ReplyQuote
A2004
(@a2004)
04/12/2016 9:52 pm  

Hello Silver! AGAIN, I Accept!

(1) Changes:

*Finnacial Centre Closed

*New Republic Station

*New Stralingad South Station

(2) Changes:

*No close Stralingad Station

*Close Soho Station

*No close University Station

(6)/(8) Changes:

*Re-biult Chinatown and Rochester Station and interchange

ReplyQuote
autobus22
(@autobus22)
04/12/2016 11:18 pm  
Posted by: SilverWolv

• Metro Line 1
    1. Financial Centre
    2. Republic Station (new republic station to be built further north inbetween current republic & disused nation station)
  • Metro Line 2
    1. Stalingrad
    2. Soho
    3. University*
  • Metro Line 6/8
    1. Chinatown
    2. Rochester

Line 6/8 Local services will most likely be scrapped as well - All existing stations in mechnicsburg to remain operational

*Feasibility of closing University station being studied - if closed, underpass from Dakota station to be built.

I agree to all changes but two.
University shouldn't close - That simply is unrealistic given the amount of traffic to and from a university.
Republuc: do not move it. Removes bus connection on some lines. Alternatively using the bus a stop would be a more realistic and working situation. (I hope to have most lines on island 1 instated at end December)

I question if closing Stalingrad is a good idea it is a reasonably well used station.

ReplyQuote
mopsistudios
(@mopsistudios)
Eminent Member
05/12/2016 5:11 am  

• Metro Line 1
    1. Financial Centre
  • Metro Line 2
    1. Stalingrad
    2. Soho
    3. University*
  • Metro Line 6/8
    1. Chinatown
    2. Rochester

I agree with all of the changes and I think the m3 esplanade branch should close.

ReplyQuote
SilverWolv
(@silverwolv)
Estimable Member Admin
05/12/2016 6:58 am  
Posted by: autobus22

• Metro Line 1
    1. Financial Centre
  • Metro Line 2
    1. Stalingrad
    2. Soho
    3. University*
  • Metro Line 6/8
    1. Chinatown
    2. Rochester

I agree to all changes but two.
University shouldn't close - That simply is unrealistic given the amount of traffic to and from a university.
Republuc: do not move it. Removes bus connection on some lines. Alternatively using the bus a stop would be a more realistic and working situation. (I hope to have most lines on island 1 instated at end December)

I question if closing Stalingrad is a good idea it is a reasonably well used station.

The idea with this is to equally distance apart the stations even more. A republic moved further north would mean it no longer overlaps the area served by city hall & govt. dist. and serves the area which was once served by nation & un-overlapped part of the old republic station.

Closing soho & sarglia means that there is a large area underserved by the metro. Passengers can still use the stalingrad tram to get around the area. I personally also did not want to close Stalingrad. However, given the amount of time it takes for the line to reset itself after each traindestroy, maybe closing stalingrad is a good idea as line 2 is currently taking up the largest number of trains in the network. It is impossible to let line 6/8 come into service if we dont reduce the resources it takes or one of the BERT lines close down.

The distance between university & dakota's entrances is just across a street. It would make more sense to close university and build an underpass linking dakota & the university itself.

Edited: 2 years  ago

ReplyQuote
autobus22
(@autobus22)
05/12/2016 3:27 pm  

What about raising train speed? that has been discussed before. Up to about 1.2 speed (as we tested back with gard) it doesn't increase lag but the fewer trains can decrease lag as well. 0.4 is 8 blocks a second, that is just 28km/h. Double the speed on long straights, especially on line 1/2/6/8 and possibley part of line 3 wouldn't mis-stand on realisim scale even if it doesn't improve the lags.

Personally I'd move Dakota's platform east on line two and have more exits close to the university but keep the connection to Dakota station. Parkroyal should stay, Soho should be gone, sarglia move slightly north if needed. keep Stalingrad. BERT Stalingrad South is way less used but does connect to both buses and the trams. so there is something to say for both.

ReplyQuote
SilverWolv
(@silverwolv)
Estimable Member Admin
05/12/2016 3:45 pm  

Increasing train speeds is not sustainable as it only drives the TPS of the server down even quicker as chunks are loaded and unloaded even quicker than before. It's not like it has never been done before. Speeds on lines 1 and 2 were upped from 0.4 to 0.6/0.7 sooner or later the trains were moving slow again. It's just a short term solution that just adds to our problems later on.

Things such as redstone and elevators also work quicker if the server's TPS is kept high.

ReplyQuote
DannyPokemon
(@dannypokemon)
06/12/2016 5:12 pm  

Gah. Close the stations you mentioned to be closed. maybe not Financial Ctr doe, due to distance between stops.

Also, about the TPS issue: it can sometimes be the server host that causes low TPS. I found that out via experience lol

ReplyQuote
Captian_Cavy
(@captian_cavy)
Eminent Member
06/12/2016 8:30 pm  

Gosh, this is the final blow to realism.

ReplyQuote
Captian_Cavy
(@captian_cavy)
Eminent Member
06/12/2016 8:31 pm  

I suppose using M3's 1/2 length trains as less carts = less lag. Ya never really see more than a half train full anyway

ReplyQuote
SilverWolv
(@silverwolv)
Estimable Member Admin
07/12/2016 5:56 am  
Posted by: Captian_Cavy

I suppose using M3's 1/2 length trains as less carts = less lag. Ya never really see more than a half train full anyway

First things first, the length of the train does not matter. What matters is the number of trains.

It's not a final blow to realism. I'd argue it's making it more realistic. It can still be done realistically if executed properly. What kind of transport system has the entrances of 2 stations on the same line just across the street? Also, would you prefer a slower train network that's just there to ride for fun or a network that is fast, efficient and also there to ride for fun.

ReplyQuote
SilverWolv
(@silverwolv)
Estimable Member Admin
07/12/2016 5:59 am  
Posted by: DannyPokemon

Gah. Close the stations you mentioned to be closed. maybe not Financial Ctr doe, due to distance between stops.

Also, about the TPS issue: it can sometimes be the server host that causes low TPS. I found that out via experience lol

The reason why it may be the server host is that different server hosts provide different amounts of processing power. 

WH is running on the most powerful server it has ever seen. It can't upgrade further without further funding. I don't print money in my house so yeah.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 7 Prev Next
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register